Write us At : email@example.com & Call Us at : +91-9593441141
Surveying is known to be the oldest profession within civil engineering, where surveyors determine the position of natural and man-made objects on the earth’s surface, and record it for future planning purposes. Survey engineers are playing an important role in the economic framework for development of their societies and they were well respected everywhere. Many of our early leaders and explorers were famous surveyors such as James Cook, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Abraham Lincoln.
Surveying is the general term, which covers a multi-disciplines, such as Geodesy, Photogrammetry, Cartography, GIS, Digital Mapping, Cadastral Surveying, etc.
Surveying Engineers or Surveyors collect, analyze, and manage the global spatial infrastructure. They design, develop, and operate systems for collecting and analyzing spatial information about the land, the oceans, natural resources, and man-made features. They use sophisticated equipment such as Global Positioning Systems (GPS), electronic theodolites, levels, aerial photographs, satellite imagery for gathering, analyzing, and using information about the earth. Modern Surveying topics include digital mapping, geodesy, photogrammetry, remote sensing, as well as more traditional surveying such as property surveys. However, gathering information with a spatial position and finally decision making is a tough job in respect of personal and a business perspective as well as different levels of government. There are different difficulties during surveying due to dishonest data, unanswered questions, differences in understanding and interpretation, hard to convey feelings and emotions, some questions are difficult to analyze, respondents may have a hidden agenda, lack of interaction, unethical responses.
In Santiniketan Institute of Polytechnic College, our Survey Engineering department has full time, qualified faculties to enrich the student’s knowledge. It is fully equipped with latest instruments and machines to provide hands-on experience to the students. Good placement opportunities are available for diploma holders in the field of Survey Engineering, both in Government and Private Sectors. They can be absorbed as survey engineers involved in different form of work such as supervision, draftsman (with computer knowledge), surveyors, and personnel in-charge of quality control, estimation work and office procedures. There is huge demand for survey engineers in India and it is also expected to get a boost as the country gets ready to upgrade its infrastructure with growing economy with time. After completion of this course, students can seek employment in consultancy firms, road projects, building work, etc. The career opens a lot of opportunities in numerous government departments as well as private sectors.
|SL No.||FACULTY NAME||QUALIFICATION||AREA OF INTEREST||CONTACT DETAILS||PHOTOS|
|1||DEBRAJ SEN||DIPLOMA B.TECH||Cartography, GIS, Digital Mapping, Cadastral Surveying.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||SUKANTA JANA||DIPLOMA B.TECH||GPS,SOM, Mine Surveying, Photogrammetryemail@example.com|
|4||ANIMESH ADHIKARI||BE-CIVIL ENGINEE RING||Structure||myselfanimesh adhikari@gmail. co|
|5||CHIRANJIT DAS||B.TECH IN CIVIL ENGINEERING||TRANSPORTATION, GEOTECHNICAL & STRUCTURAL ANALYSISfirstname.lastname@example.org|
- Full Land Survey including Area Measurement, leveling, marking of Plot and Stations by the use of total Station and dumpy level at Santiniketan Institute of Polytechnic Campus.
- Full Survey project at Santiniketan Medical College Campus.
- Successful Completion of a survey detailing mouza map of the area of Tatarpur, Muluk.
- Full Land Survey and Area Measurement of the main road from Bolpur (Santiniketan) station to Santiniketan Institute of Polytechnic College, Tatarpur, Muluk, Bolpur.
- Full Land Survey and Leveling of the plot area of Boy’s Hostel Building at Santiniketan Institute of Polytechnic Campus.
- 3 Years for 10th Pass Students.
- 2 Years for 10+2 Pass Students.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE ADMISSION IN POLYTECHNIC
|FOR JEXPO ADMISSION (3 YEARS)||FOR VOCLET ADMISSION (2 YEARS)
|10th Marksheet, Certificate, Admit Card, ID Proof, Passport Size Photo and Other needful Documents||10+2 (Vocational with Science)/ or passed
10+2/or 2 yrs ITI, Marksheet, Certificate, Admit Card, ID Proof, Passport Size Photo and Other documents.
- Passed 10th standard or equivalent Examination with English, Mathematics & Physical science/or Science as subjects, at least 35% marks in aggregate. 30% seats arereserved for the District candidates based on JEXPO rank. Out of those 50% seats reserved for female candidates. Additional 20% of total seat get admission through lateral entry (VOCLET) in 2nd Year.
- Vocational Higher secondary (10+2) with science/or (10+2) Science with Physics, Chemistry and Math is mandatory /or ITI passed for admission to a course in Civil Engineering. Candidates passed out ITI with NCVT certificate are also be eligible.
- Course Affiliation – West Bengal State Council of Technical Education, Kolkata Karigori Bhavan (2nd Floor), 110, S.N. Banerjee Road, Kolkata: – 700 013.
- Survey engineering has quite a beautiful scope in India. There is huge demand for fresher diploma Survey engineers in industry. The career after a Diploma in Survey Engineering is very diverse and flexible. Some of the popular roles that the students start with as a Cartographers and Photogrammetrists, Civil Engineering Technicians, Construction and Building Inspectors, Drafters, Geographers, Hydrologists, Landscape Architects, Surveying and Mapping Technicians, Urban and Regional Planners and so on.
In India, diploma holders are more driven towards government jobs due to job security, good salary, etc. There are multiple government departments, where Survey engineering job seekers can find jobs.
- Municipal corporations.
- National Highway Authority of India (NHAI)
- Indian Railways
- Steel Authority of India
- Central Public Work Departments (CPWD)
- Irrigation and PWD Department
- Government Mega Construction Projects
- Government Housing Schemes
- Survey of India.
In the private sector, Survey Engineers can choose between field jobs as well as back-office jobs. They could effectively handle client and also efficient in design-related job. Besides, they can contribute construction site.
- Simplex Industries Limited.
- Reliance Infrastructure
- TATA Projects
- Hindustan Construction Company
- Gammon India
CERTIFICATIONS AND COURSES
Upgrade skill set through courses and certifications.
- Remote Sensing
- Total Station
- GIS and GPS
- Laser Leveling
- Measurement through Satellite.