Write us at – email@example.com and Call us at – +91-9593149666
Mechanical engineering is an engineering branch that combines engineering physics and mathematics principles with materials science, to design, analyze, manufacture, and maintain mechanical systems. It is one of the oldest and broadest of the engineering branches.
The mechanical engineering field requires an understanding of core areas including mechanics, dynamics, thermodynamics, materials science, structural analysis, and electricity. In addition to these core principles, mechanical engineers use tools such as computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), and product lifecycle management to design and analyze manufacturing plants, industrial equipment and machinery, heating and coolingsystems, transport systems, aircraft, watercraft, robotics, medical devices, weapons, and others. It is the branch of engineering that involves the design, production, and operation of machinery
In Santiniketan Institute of Polytechnic College, our Mechanical Engineering department has full time and qualified faculties to enrich the student’s knowledge. It is fully equipped with latest instruments and machines to provide hands on experience to the students. Good placement opportunities are available for diploma holders in the field of Mechanical Engineering both in government and private Sectors. After completing diploma course, anyone can go for different level posts in private or government sector. One can try for the positions like Supervisor, Junior Engineer, Clerk etc. in government sector. Diploma holders can take various entrance exams for private and centralized banks as well as SBI and RBI is also a very good option.
The job profile of mechanical engineers can be classified into the following functional segments:
• Research and Development: Whose role is to do research and then plan for new machines and their constituent parts.
• Design: Professionals whose responsibility is to draft technical drawings, manually or with the help of software & computers.
• Production: Engineers who supervise the manufacturing of mechanical components and machines etc.
• Analysis and testing: Those Engineers who analyse and test different types of machines and their parts.
• Installation: Those Professionals who install machines and mechanical parts at the client location.
• Maintenance: Those Engineers whose primary role is to ensure that machinery is working as per specifications or not.
Applying Engineering knowledge, students specialized in this field were able to solve the complex engineering problems with applying the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals. They identify, formulate and review research literature, analyse, design system components, doing experiments, collecting and interpretation of data and finally get valid conclusions which are useful for welfare of the society with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety. They learn modern tool usage and applying these modern techniques, IT tools enable them to model complex engineering activities. Such a way they would become professional engineers in near future and will contribute to sustainable development for mankind. Engineers obey ethical principles, take responsibilities and commit to work for the society. Engineers work effectively as an individual, or as a member or leader in a diverse team, and in the multidisciplinary field. They build the power of good communication with clients, writing reports, attending seminars, presenting, designing documentation, managing projects, and giving and receiving clear instructions. This life-long learning ability makes engineers invent new or upgrade technology.
|SL NO||FACULTY NAME||QUALIFICATION||AREA OF INTEREST||CONTACT DETAILS||PHOTOS|
|1||MD AAQUIB REZA||Thermal Engineering||Mdaaquibreza@gmail.com|
|2||RIYA ROOZ||Engineering mechanics, Strength of Material, Engineering Drawing, Metrology Measurement.||Riyaroojd4@gmail.com|
|3||KRISHNA GORAI||Manufacturing Process, Automobile Engineering, Auto Cad,||Kgorai469@gmail.com|
|4||AMIYA KUMAR DAS||Carpentry workshop,||Amiyakumardas9474@gmail.com|
|5||AMIR KHAN||Machine Lab,|
Workshop, Engineering materials, Automobile Engineering
|6||AVIJIT BARIK||Workshop technology|
Welding workshop, machine lab
|7||SUMANA DAS||STRENGTH OF MATERIAL,AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING, POWER ENGINEERINGfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|8||SAMIM SHAIKH||FLUID MECHANICS,|
AC AND REFRIGERATION, DRADING
|9||SAURAV KUMAR BETAL||THERMAL ENGINEERING, ENGINEERING MATERIAL, MATERIAL HANDALING||souravbetal39613@ gmail.com|
- BAKE GEAR SYSTEM.
- ELECTRIC THREE WHEELERS VEHICLE
- SCREW JACK
- A SELF -COFFEE MAKER
- SOLENOID ENGINE
- MINI- QUADCOPTER
- A MODEL ROBOT ‘GOJU’ ON WELDING
- STEAM POWER GENERATOR
- A MINI LATHE MACHINE
- WATT GOVERNOR
- 3 Years for 10th Pass Students.
- 2 Years for 10+2 (Science & Vocational) Passed Students.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE ADMISSION IN POLYTECHNIC
|FOR JEXPO ADMISSION (3 YEARS)||FOR VOCLET ADMISSION (2 YEARS)|
|10th Mark sheet, Certificate, Admit Card, ID Proof, Passport Size Photo and Other needful Documents .||10+2 (Vocational with Science)/ or passed
10+2/or 2 yrs ITI, Marksheet, Certificate, Admit Card, ID Proof, Passport Size Photo and Other documents.
- Passed 10th standard or equivalent Examination with English, Mathematics & Physical science/or Science as subjects, at least 35% marks in aggregate. 30% seats arereserved for the district candidates based on JEXPO rank. Out of those 50% seats reserved for female candidates
- .Additional 20% of total seat get admission through lateral entry (VOCLET) in 2nd Year.
- Vocational Higher secondary (10+2) with science/or (10+2) Science with Physics, Chemistry and Math is mandatory /or ITI passed for admission to a course in Civil Engineering. Candidates passed out ITI with NCVT certificate are also be eligible.
- Course Affiliation – West Bengal State Council of Technical Education, Kolkata Karigori Bhavan (2nd Floor), 110, S.N. Banerjee Road, Kolkata: – 700 013.
Mechanical engineering has quite a beautiful scope in India. There is huge demand for fresher diploma Mechanical engineer in industry. The career After completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, anyone can go for short term certificate courses like CNC Training, CAD/CAM Training, Catia, Unigraphics, Solid works etc. Anyone can even go for a B.tech degree in Mechanical engineering or related field. There are post diploma courses you can do like in Machine Maintenance, Product and Tool Designing, Mechanical Safety Engineering, and Applied Mechanics etc .
In India, diploma holders are more driven towards government jobs due to job security, good salary, etc. There are multiple government departments, where mechanical engineering job seekers can find jobs. Mostly, diploma holders can get jobs like clerks, technicians, lab assistants, supervisors, and even higher positions like Officer.
- Municipal corporations
- National Highway Authority of India (NHAI)
- Indian Railways
- Electricity boards
- Steel Authority of India
In the private sector, Civil Engineers can choose between field jobs as well as back-office jobs.They could effectively handle client and also efficient in design-related job. Besides, they can contribute construction site.
- Tata Steel
- Tata Motors
- L&T- ECC
- Mahindra & Mahindra Pvt.ltd
- YAZAKI INDIA PVT.LTD
- TECH MAHINDRA
CERTIFICATIONS AND COURSES
Upgrade skills set through courses and certifications.
- CNC PROGRAMMING
- BOLIER CERTIFICATES COURSE